Also known as implant with immediate loading, the fast dental implant is a compressed solution in a single session. This means that instead of making multiple visits to the clinic for several preparatory procedures, you can only do one and have the implant inserted in a few minutes.
- Rapid dental implant means the implant on which the temporary work (eg crown, bridge) is built in the same session.
- The quick method depends on the possibilities of the clinic, the surgeon's experience and the patient's priorities.
TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED
Compared to the classic procedure that involves several visits to the clinic and months of waiting, the fast dental implant is addressed especially to those who work with the public, whose job involves a proper dental aesthetic.
- The fast implant is the solution for patients living at a distance and do not have time or cannot travel frequently to go through the stages of the classic implant.
- The procedure is recommended especially in the frontal area for aesthetic reasons, but it can also be performed for lateral teeth, especially if you have an occupation that involves high physiognomic requirements.
- Patients with one or more missing teeth can resort to the quick insertion procedure. After insertion, one or more temporary plastic crowns are applied.
Patients who need all their teeth replaced are recommended the procedure Same day implants. In their case, the work used over the implants will be a total transient prosthesis.
ADVANTAGES OF FAST IMPLANT VS CLASSIC
Classically, the implants with late loading are practiced, so the implant is inserted and after 3 months the work is done. The traditional method is used and still is used to ensure time for the body to integrate the implant, it to be welded to the bone and to last over time.
In short, the fast implant with immediate loading offers you the following advantages:
- You leave with your new tooth / teeth in a few tens of minutes instead of waiting 4-6 months as it happens in the classic method;
- Instantaneous increase of the psychological factor, self-confidence, because your teeth will be complete, aesthetic and healthy;
- Immediate restoration of mastication function; you will be able to chew and eat exactly as you did before the tooth / teeth fell out;
- Immediate restoration of phonation / pronunciation function; you will be able to speak and pronounce the words exactly as you did before the tooth / teeth fell out;
- Reduced invasiveness; a single operation and a single anesthesia are used for extractions, curettage, implant insertions and / or bone additions;
- Reduced costs especially for people traveling long distances.
Scientific research shows that success is the same and that the integration of the implant is identical, both in the classic case and in the procedure with immediate loading.
STEPS IN FAST PROCEDURE
Before the operation, the rapid implant requires a thorough preparation both on your part and on the part of the team of specialists (surgeon, technician, prosthetist). Without careful planning, you will not be able to leave with a smile on your face.
1. ANALYSIS AND CONSULTATION
The first stage consists of a consultation with a very rigorous evaluation of the dental status: performing a CT (computed tomography) for very accurate measurements and a series of blood tests with bleeding and coagulation times and INR.
- CT imaging can be performed at any center that offers dental radiography / tomography services.
- Blood tests can be done at any specialized center;
- The patient must present the analysis and imaging when presenting at the consultation.
The consultation is performed at the Dr. Nassar implantology clinic in Bucharest.
In the case of a rapid implant, the anesthesia is local, just like any anesthesia used in dentistry. On a case-by-case basis, if the patient is eligible, Dr. Lorelei Nassar offers 4 anesthesia options:
- inhalation with hilar gas;
- local, anesthesia used in current dental procedures;
- medical hypnosis.
Because a quick implant is a fairly simple procedure that is performed on one or a few teeth in just a few minutes, intravenous anesthesia is not required. Instead, the patient may be given one or a combination of the other anesthetics.
3. IMPLANT INSERTION
Due to the experience gained in over 25 years of implantology, Dr. Lorelei Nassar inserts a quick dental implant in just 7 minutes.
- The operation can be performed together with tooth extraction and / or complex procedures such as bone augmentation and sinus lifting.
- Related procedures require advanced knowledge, experience and meticulous planning, especially if you have suffered a significant bone loss.
- The total insertion time can be extended accordingly with the duration of the related procedures.
4. PROVISIONAL TEETH
Immediately after the insertion of the implant / implants, the temporary plastic tooth / teeth (crown or bridge previously made in the laboratory according to the model of the initial teeth) are cemented on the prosthetic abutment / abutments.
- The purpose of the temporary tooth is not only aesthetic; it helps with the initial healing.
- Subsequently, temporary teeth will be replaced with permanent crowns made of ceramic or other materials (example: zirconium).
- Ceramic works cannot be laid immediately; they are too heavy and require several stages of laboratory processing.
- The final crown or bridge is applied approximately 3 months after the rapid implant procedure.
After the rapid dental implant operation, swelling may occur, this being somewhat normal and variable depending on each body. There is generally moderate pain that can be controlled with anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen or Nurofen).
- Antibiotic is recommended for 5-7 days and very good hygiene;
- In about 4 days everything returns to normal and you will be able to start eating and smiling just like you did before.
- Liquid and semi-solid food is recommended for 1 month and a half.
- Avoid eating nuts, hazelnuts or hard foods until permanent teeth are applied.
Temporary teeth, whether crowned or bridged, will be maintained until osseointegration (fusion of implants with the maxillary / mandibular bone) and the healing process is complete (minimum 3 months). In the first weeks it is advisable to avoid eating hard-textured foods.
After 3 months, the osseointegration process ended. The temporary teeth that were cemented / screwed in the first phase will be removed / unscrewed and will be replaced with the permanent ones (crown / crowns). They are much more resistant and can be made of the material indicated by your doctor or the one you want.
- The decimation / unscrewing and replacement procedure with permanent teeth does not hurt and does not require anesthesia.
- Most patients opt for ceramics.
- The second preferred material, although more expensive, is zirconium.
The fast dental implant is a modern solution, with very low invasiveness, which allows the instant restoration of mastication and phonation functions - increasing self-esteem. To be performed successfully, the procedure involves not only state-of-the-art technology, but especially a significant experience of the specialist doctor. At the Dr. Nassar implantology clinic you can benefit from a quick implant in 7 minutes.
More information in the clip below: